Thursday 6 March 2014

Here we go...

OK, so this is a bit mad. But we're going to run a marathon. Or at least we are going to have a damn good stab at it.

The thing is, this marathon is, and I quote directly from the website, "regarded as one of the toughest marathons in the world". What the hecking heck? It's also in Kenya, at 0.2000° N, so basically on the equator. And how are we training for it? In Stockholm. In the winter.

Why start easy though? Best of all, it's for an excellent charity called Tusk.  I will write more about Tusk another day, but you can check them out here. Or find out more about the marathon here.

If you think conservation, community development and environmental education are good things then you should sponsor me at this here link:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LauraComley 

I promise that all of this money is going straight to Tusk.

Bring it on! (eeeeeeeeek)
x


I even bought some running clothing. The brand call it 'vivid coral', but I prefer to call it 'obnoxious orange'. You can see me at 1000 paces, which is good in the land of constant gloom.

When we signed the disclaimer to say we were training in appropriate conditions we think this is what they meant.

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME guys. I love the 'obnoxious orange'... Laura, you should market running gear.
    I'm going to pop over to the donating site now and support the adventure and the charity. :D
    Enjoy the journey! Xo Claire

    ReplyDelete